Dr. Ashwin Porwal is a respectable surgeon, currently practicing in Pune (Maharashtra). He obtained his undergraduate MBBS medical training from the prestigious Government B. J. Medical College ,Pune. He did his DNB in General Surgery from the Poona Hospital & Research Centre. He did his Diploma in Laparoscopy from EITS Strasbourg IRCAD, France. He has been awarded with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award, 2015 for his contribution in the sector of health.
Dr. Porwal has specialized in the field of Proctology and is the founder of Healing Hands Clinic, India. He performs Laser Haemorrhoidoplasty.
Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoids (MIPH), Stapled Trans Anal Rectal Resection (STARR) surgery for chronic constipation and Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery (POPS) surgery for female prolapse and incontinence.
Clinical Research Work- He is a principal investigator for the following-
1) A clinical trial to compare two drugs, R-Sibutramineand Sibutramine, in the management of obesity
2) Study of Oritavancin Versus Intra-Venous Vancomycin for the Treatment of Patients with Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infection.
3) Clinical Study of efficacy & safety of dexketoprofen injection compared to diclofenac injection in post-operative pain
4) Efficacy and safety of Fixed Dose Combination of Dexketoprofen Trometamol and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Injection
5) Compare Ceftazidime-Avibactam + Metronidazole Versus Meropenem for Hospitalized Adults with Complicated Intra-Abd Infections.